- National Abuse Hotline
- Luzerne County Victim Resource Center
- PA Coalition against Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Violence Service Center
- Domestic Abuse & Alcoholism
Child & Teen
- Child Abuse Hotline
- Teen Central
- Luzerne County Children & Youth
- The GLBT National Youth Talkline (youth serving youth through age 25)
- Rainbow Alliance of Northeast Pennsylvania
- The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender National Hotline
- The Trevor Project
- Text START to 678-678 (immediate crisis text line)
- American Red Cross
- Wilkes Barre Office 570-823-7161
- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- Code RED Emergency Weather Notification System
- Text LuzerneAlerts to 99411 to enroll
Megan’s Law, etc.
- Megan’s Law
- National Sex Offender Public Website
Drug and Alcohol
- Pennsylvania Department of Drug & Alcohol Programs
- Luzerne/Wyoming County Drug & Alcohol Program
- DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education)
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- Rehab Spot – Support Groups & Treatment Specialists
- Wavelengths Recovery – 7 Key Life Skills for People in Recovery
- Suicide Prevention Hotline – 988 has been designated as the new three-digit dialing code that will route callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. While some areas may be currently able to connect to the Lifeline by dialing 988, this dialing code will be available to everyone across the United States starting on July 16, 2022.
- 988 TEXT OR CALL. The previous number will always remain available as well.
- If you are hard of hearing, you can chat with a Lifeline counselor 24/7 by:
- Online chat – Click the chat button on the website.
- For TTY Users: Use your preferred relay service or dial 711 then 988.
- United States Department of Mental Health and Substance Use
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- National Alliance on Mental Health
- Hispanic American Mental Health Resources
- Veterans Crisis Hotline
- Call 988
- Text 83825
- Homeless Veterans Resource. WB VA Hospital
- 570-824-3521 ask to speak to the homeless coordinator.
- Scranton Mobile Vet Center
- Wilkes Barre VA Hospital
- Luzerne County Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Pennsylvania Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- United States Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Hope for Mesothelioma – Specific to Veterans
- Homeless Veterans Statistics and Help
Asbestos Related Health Issues
- Hope For Mesothelioma
- SHC Mesothelioma Foundation
- Federal Trade Commission
- Pennsylvania Attorney General
- Commonwealth of PA Cybersecurity
- National Rifle Association Safety Practices.
- Eddie Eagle and the Wing Team – k-4th grade gun safety
- Project Child Safe – free gun locks for PA residents.