ITS ALMOST SPRING AND WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN! If you are interested, please reach out today. You can sign up now by clicking here.
We need volunteers to help with the following:
- Plant the garden when supplies are in. Looking for individuals to get their hands dirty and put the plants in the ground. We have an easy-to-follow blueprint of where the plants will go, so this is a great volunteer opportunity for all ages!
- Coordinate with local nurseries to secure the plant list within budget. We are currently working with one but we may need some assistance in securing a few harder-to-find items.
- Help with the initial assembly of the raised gardens as well as the bee, butterfly and lady bug houses and trellises.
- A group or individual to build 2-3 pollinator watering stations.
- Weekly check-in of the gardens and weeding, if necessary.
- Long term partnership with a group or organization to maintain and advise on this garden for years to come!
Currently OPEN during regular center hours. PERMITS ARE REQUIRED.
Mon: 7am-1pm; Wed: 1pm-7pm; Fri: 7am-1pm; 2nd & 4th Saturdays of each month: 10am-2pm
Are you, or someone you know, 65 or older and having a hard time finding the COVID-19 vaccine? The Area Agency On Aging-Luzerne and Wyoming Counties can help at 570-822-1158. They can also call PA LINK to Aging & Disability at 1-800-753-8827 for assistance. These agencies will help make the appointments.
We have had many residents call for assistance in making their appointments as they do not have internet access or help in making these appointments online. Think of your grandparents, parents and neighbors – please reach out to them and direct them to the telephone numbers above. No internet or website access needed. Thank you & stay safe Lehman!
CORONAVIRUS OFFICE UPDATE
The Township Building is now OPEN to the public during regular business hours. Whenever possible, business will be conducted through the glass window at the front office. FACE MASKS ARE REQUESTED for unvaccinated individuals.
In-person attendance to our Supervisors Meetings has started. Meetings are on the 3rd Monday of every month.
Attendees must follow all CDC Guidelines regarding masks and social distancing. If you do not have a mask and would like one, one will be provided to you.
PLEASE watch this website and our Facebook Page for updates and other important information.
PLEASE comply with the Federal and State directives.
To best view this website please use one of the following Web Browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge.